¹ 3 (2018) Technical mechanics
Technical mechanics, 2018, 3, 43 - 58
STUDY OF GAS AND GAS-DISPERSED FLOWS IN SUPPORT OF THE DEVELOPMENT OF SPACE HARDWARE OBJECTS AND TECHNOLOGICAL PROCESSES
Tymoshenko V. I.
Tymoshenko V. I.
Institute of Technical Mechanics of the National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine and the State Space Agency of Ukraine
This paper presents the mathematical models, algorithms, and programs developed in the past five years at the Institute
of Technical Mechanics of the National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine and the State Space of Ukraine for numerical
simulation of gas and gas-dispersed chemically reacting mixture flows. The subject matter involves both space hardware
development and scientific support of the development of technological processes. As to space hardware, the paper
addresses issues of the development of methods and programs and their use in investigations along the following lines:
the aerogasdynamics of full launch vehicle configurations with wings and controls, rocket propellant combustion product
jet efflux with account for afterburning when mixing with air and for the effect of the injection of water drops on the
jet parameters, air flows in air intake channels, mixing of a hydrocarbon fuel with a cocurrent air flow and its burning
in ramjet combustion chambers, and the choice and substantiation of the design parameters of the liquid-propellant jet
system of launch vehicle upper stages in the case where the control blocks are fed from the sustainer engine propellant
lines. As to technological processes, consideration is given to the burning of dry and moisture-saturated coal particles
in a hot fuel?air mixture flow and the effect of interaction of gas-dispersed flow particles with the channel walls and
with one another on the formation of a gas ? variously sized particles mixture flow. The topicality of this work is due
to the need for upgrading existing space hardware elements and developing new ones and for increasing the efficiency
of coal dust burning and gas-dispersed mixture transportation in air tube conveyers.
gas and gas-dispersed flows, chemically nonequilibrium mixtures, full launch vehicle configurations, supersonic rocket jets, jet mixing and afterburning,
air intake, ramjet engine, liquid-propellant jet system, moister-saturated particle ignition and burning, self-oscillatory flow pattern, particle – channel wall collisions
1. Tymoshenko V. I. Theoretical Basics of Engineering Gas Dynamics. Kyiv: Naukova Dumka, 2013. 426 pp. (in Russian).
2. Tymoshenko V. I. Computer simulation of aerothermogasdynamic processes in engineering objects (rocketry, power engineering, and metallurgy). Visn. Nac. Akad. Nauk Ukr. 2017. No. 3. Pp. 24-37. (in Ukrainian).
3. Galinskiy V. P., Timoshenko V. I. Problems in developing scientific methods for calculating aerodynamic parameters of boost vehicles. Kosm. Nauka Tehnol. 1998. V.4. No. 2/3. Pp. 64-72. (in Russian).
4. Timoshenko V. I., Galinsky V. P. On ITM of NASU and NSAU's numerical studies of supersonic flow past bodies with variable-sweep wings. Teh. Meh. 2011. No. 3. Pp. 11-22. (in Russian).
5. Timoshenko V. I., Galinskiy V. P. Numerical simulation of a supersonic flow around finned boost vehicles. Kosm. Nauka Tehnol. 2017. V. 23. No. 5. Pp. 54-59. (in Russian).
6. Timoshenko V. I., Belotserkovets I. S. Numerical simulation of jet streams in objects of space rocket engineering. Kosm. Nauka Tehnol. 1999. V.5. No. 1. Pp.78-89. (in Russian).
7. Tymoshenko V. I. Homogeneous algorithm for calculating the outflow of a viscous supersonic jet of rocket engine combustion products into a submerged space with the injection of water into the jet. Computer Hydromechanics. Proceedings of the IHM of NASU's 4th International Scientific and Practical Conference. Kyiv. September 29-30, 2016. Pp. 62-63. (in Russian).
8. Timoshenko V. I., Deshko H. Ye. Numerical simulation of efflux of a supersonic multicomponent chemical reacting rocket engine jet. Kosm. Nauka Tehnol. 2017. V. 23. No. 6. Pp. 3-11. (in Russian).
9. Timoshenko V. I. Mathematical modeling turbulent chemically-reacting flows of gas and two-phase mixtures through jets and channels. Teh. Meh. 2013. No. 4. Pp. 123-135. (in Russian).
10. Timoshenko V. I., Galinsky V. P. Deceleration of supersonic laminar flow through plane channel at backpressure. Teh. Meh. 2013. No. 2. Pp. 56-63. (in Russian).
11. Timoshenko V. I., Galinsky V. P. Effects of jets injection on deceleration of supersonic airflow through channel. Teh. Meh. 2013. No. 3. Pp. 3-9. (in Russian).
12. Timoshenko V. I., Galinsky V. P. Deceleration of supersonic flow through axisymmetric variable-form channel (in Russian). Teh. Meh. 2014. No. 1. Pp. 11-15.
13. Timoshenko V. I., Deshko A. Ye. Special features of deceleration of a supersonic flow through convergent channel. Teh. Meh. 2016. No. 1. Pp. 3-10. (in Russian).
14. Tymoshenko V. I., Halynskyi V. P. Features of algorithms for computing the flow in the passage of a counter-pressure air intake. Teh. Meh. 2017. No. 3. Pp. 16-22. (in Russian).
15. Tymoshenko V. I., Deshko À. Ye. Effect of the mass composition of an air-hydrogen jet on its ignition and burning in a cocurrent supersonic air flow. Models and Methods of Aerodynamics. Proceedings of the 14th International Workshop and School. Moscow: MTsNMO, 2014. Pp. 138-140. (in Russian).
16. Tymoshenko V. I., Deshko À. Ye. On the effect of the mass composition of a nonequilibrium air-nitrogen jet on the intensification of its burning in a cocurrent supersonic air flow. Aviatsionno-Kosmicheskaya Tekhnika i Tekhnologiya. 2014. V. 110. No. 35. Pp. 52-57. (in Russian).
17. Tymoshenko V. I., Deshko À. Ye. On a rational organization of mixing and burning in a ramjet engine combustion chamber. Aviatsionno-Kosmicheskaya Tekhnika i Tekhnologiya. 2015. V.125. No. 8. Pp. 75-81. (in Russian).
18. Tymoshenko V. I. Halynskyi V. P. Effect of methods of injecting a mixture of combustible components into a supersonic air flow decelerating in a channel on the flow characteristics. Models and Methods of Aerodynamics. Proceedings of the 13th International Workshop and School. Moscow: MTsNMO, 2013. Pp. 201-202. (in Russian).
19. Tymoshenko V. I., Knyshenko Yu. V., Durachenko V. M., Anishchenko V. M., Korelskii A. V. Features of the joint operation of the Cyclone-4 third stage control engines and sustainer engine (in Russian). IV International Conference "Space Technologies: the Present and the Future". Abstracts. Dnepropetrovsk, 2013. Pp. 237-238.
20. Timoshenko V. I., Knyshenko Yu. V., Durachenko V. M., Anishchenko V. M. Problems of development of controlling liquid jet system, which is powered from lines of a booster of the launch vehicle upper stage. Kosm. Nauka Tehnol. 2016. V.22. No. 1. Pp. 20-35. (in Russian).
21. Tymoshenko V. I., Knyshenko Yu.V., Durachenko V.M., Anishchenko V.M., Korelskii A. V. Software and methods in support of the ground development of a liquid-propellant jet system for Cyclone-4 third stage flight control. Raketnoye Vooruzheniye. 2015. Iss. 3 (110). Pp. 3-14. (in Russian).
22. Timoshenko V. I. Quasihomogeneous model of gas-dispersed flows with chemical reactions and phase transitions. Dopov. Nac. Akad. Nauk Ukr. 2018. No. 2. Pp. 34-42. (in Russian).
23. Timoshenko V. I. Influence of the spatial temperature distribution in coal particles on their heating and ignition in a gas-dispersed flow. Journal of Engineering Physics and Thermophysics. 2014. V. 87. No. 4. Pp. 790-795.
24. Timoshenko V. I. Numerical simulation of warm-up and ignition of dry and wet coal particles in a gas-dispersed flow. Applied Hydromechanics. 2015. V. 17. No. 2. Pp. 64-72. (in Russian).
25. Timoshenko V. I., Halynskii V. P. Flow of a gas out of the vessel to a medium with counterpressure under the conditions of intense heat supply. Journal of Engineering Physics and Thermophysics. 2008. V. 81. No. 3. Pp. 557-564.
26. Timoshenko V. I., Halynskii V. P. On the appearance of self-oscillatory conditions of gas and gas-droplet mixture flow out of a vessel into a counterpressure medium. Journal of Engineering Physics and Thermophysics. 2013. V. 86. No. 1. Pp, 120-130.
27. Tymoshenko V. I., Knyshenko Yu. V., Shcherbakov V. I. Technique for the computational determination of the hydraulic resistance of a gas-dispersed flow. Teh. Meh. 2017. No. 4. Pp. 24-34. (in Russian).
28. Timoshenko V. I., Knyshenko Yu. V., Shcherbakov V. I. Special features of effects of sizes of gas-dispersive flow particles on their interactions with channel walls. Teh. Meh. 2016. No. 3. Pp. 24-34. (in Russian).
Copyright (©) 2018 Tymoshenko V. I.
Copyright © 2014-2018 Technical mechanics