¹ 2 (2016) Technical mechanics
Technical mechanics, 2016, 2, 32 - 43
ACTIVE FLIGHT CONTROL FOR LAUNCH VEHICLE: A NEW APPROACH
AND RATIONAL WAYS FOR ITS REALIZATION
V. V. Gorbuntsov, A. N. Zavoloka, N. F. Sviridenko
To provide a safe operation of a launch vehicle (LV) and to use effectively its onboard service life, the rational
ways for forming the algorithm for an active flight control are examined based on the LV status monitoring
data. During the LV disturbed flight it results in stabilization of the motion of an elastically deforming launch
vehicle and the operation of its engine. As an object of control for the proposed system of the active flight control,
we consider the LV elastically deforming in-flight body (in relation to the control of its bending vibrations) and a
hydraulic dynamic situation into the fuel tanks (in relation to the control of the free gas inclusions into the fuel
tanks). The active control of the LV body status is achieved by sustaining the form of a flexible centerline of the
body in the predicted limits by using readings of a limiting number of strain-gauge transducers. The active control
of the free gas inclusions in liquid-propellant components at inlet of fuel lines of the LV engine is realized ex- cluding the penetration of the free gas inclusions into fuel lines to the extent that may result in a disturbance of the
normal operation of pumps. Thus, the problem of status monitoring the parameters of a variable field of pressures
through propellant components in fuel tanks is solved as a problem of recovery of pressure fluctuations modes by
using readings of the strain-gauge transducer mounted at the fuel tank bottom.
launch vehicle, active control, phenomenological approach, status
monitoring, elastically deforming body, flexible axial line, fuel tank, hydraulic dynamic
situation, free gas inclusions.
1. Rocket as a Control Object (in Russian) / I. M. Igdalov, L. D. Kuchma, N. V. Polyakov, Yu. D. Sheptun. - Dniepropetrovsk : ART-PRESS, 2004. - 544 p.
2. Fundamentals for Designing Flying Vehicles (Transportation Systems) (in Russian) / V. P. Mishin,
V. K. Bezverbyi, B. M. Pankratov, D. N. Shcheverov. - Moscow : Mashinostroyenie, 1985. - 360 p.
3. Feodosyev V. I. Ten Lectures on Strength of Materials (in Russian) / V. I. Fedosyev. - Moscow : Fizmatlit,
2002. - 320 p.
4. Verdiera M. Nonlinear control robot: A phenomenological approach to linearization by static feedback /
M. Verdiera, M. Rouffa, J. G. Fontainea // Robotica. - 1989. - Vol. 7. - Issue 04. - P. 315 - 321.
5. Dynamics of Starting Liquid Space Launch Vehicles (in Russian) / G. I. Bogomaz, N. Ye. Naumenko, M. B. Sobolevskaya, I. Yu. Khizha. - Kiev: Naukova Dumka, 2005. - 248 p.
6. Ayzenberg Ya. I. Designing Stabilization Systems for Space Launch Vehicles (in Russian) / Ya. I. Ayzen- berg, V. G. Sukhorebryi. - Moscow : Mashinostroyenie, 1986. - 220 p.
7. Rabinovich B. I. Non-Stability of Liquid Rocket and Spacecraft and Some Concepts of its Mitigation (in
Russian) / B. I. Rabinovich. - Moscow : IKI RAN, 2006. - 40 p.
8. Continuity of gas-saturated fuel components during vibrations of liquid launch vehicle (in Russian) /
O. V. Pylypenko, A. N. Zavoloka, A. D. Nikolaev, N. F. Sviridenko et al. (in Russian) // Tekhnicheskaya
Mekhanika. - 2009. - No 4. - P. 3 - 16.
9. Chebaevsky V. F. Cavitation Characteristics of High-Speed Centrifugal-Impeller Pumps (in Russian) /
V. F. Chebaebsky, V. I. Petrov. - Moscow : Mashinostroyenie, 1973. - 192 p.
10. Zhovtonog V. M. Today’s systems of pressurization of upper cryogenic stages of launch vehicles (in Rus- sian) / V. M. Zhovtonog, A. I. Logvinenko, S. D. Solod // Kosmicheskaya Tekhnika. Raketnoe Vooruzhenie. - 2007. - Issue 2. - P. 37 - 42.
11. Hasimoto H. Surface failure and formation of bubbles in liquid column with vertical oscillation (in Russian) /
H. Hasimoto, S. Sudo // Raketnaya Tekhnika i Kosmonavtika. - 1980. - Vol. 18, No 5. - P. 116 - 124.
12. Gavrilov L. R. Concentration of free gas in liquids and methods of its measurement (in Russian) /
L. R. Gavrilov // Fizicheskie Osnovy Ultrazvukovoy Tekhnologii. - Moscow : Nauka, 1970. - P. 395 -
13. Kuznetsov V. I. Generalized conditions of equilibrium of gas bubbles in a liquid (in Russian) / V. I. Kuz- netsov, N. F. Sviridenko // Multiphase Flows within Power Plants. - Kharkov : KhAI, 1988. - P. 10 - 16.
14. Low A. Imitation Modeling (in Russian) / A. Low, V. Celton. - St.-Petersburg : Piter; K.: Publishing group
BHV, 2004. - 847 p.
15. Kozlov A. A. Systems for Feeding and Controlling Liquid Rockets of Propulsion Plants (in Russian) /
A. A. Kozlov, V. N. Novikov, Ye. V. Solovyev. - Moscow : Mashinostroyenie, 1988. - 352 p.
16. Patent for Invention 102987 Ukraine, Int. Cl. B 64 C 13/00. Technique and Device for Controlling Disturbed
Motion of Elastically Deforming Launch Vehicle around the Center of Mass (in Ukrainian) /
V. V. Horbuntsov, O. M. Zavoloka, M. F. Svyrydenko; applicant and patentee the Institute of Technical
Mechanics of the National Academy of Sciences and the State Space Agency of Ukraine. - U201209134 ;
filed 25.07.2012 ; published 27.08.2013, Bulletin No 16.
17. Cana D. D. Behavior of gas bubbles into liquid-filling tanks exposed to vibrations (in Russian) / D. D. Cana,
F. T. Dodge // Voprosy Raketnoy Tekhniki. - 1966. - No 1. - P. 36 - 41.
18. Serviceability of intratank devices for providing continuity of propellant components for feed system of
cruise propulsion system of space stages of launch vehicles (in Russian) / O. V. Pylypenko, A. N. Zavoloka,
A. D. Nikolaev, N. F. Sviridenko et al. // Transactions “ Aerodinamika: Problemy i Perspectivy”. - 2006. -
Issue 2. - P. 88 - 100.
19. Gorbuntsov V. V. Mathematical model of a launch vehicle elastically deforming in the flight (in Russian) /
V. V. Gorbuntsov, A. N. Zavoloka, N. F. Sviridenko // Tekhnicheskaya Mekhanika. - 2013. - No 4. - P. 59
20. Ryzhov V. P. Systems and technical aspects of selection of signals in designing information systems (in
Russian) / V. P. Ryzhov // Radiotekhnika. - 2011. - No 9. - P. 108 - 112.
21. Experimental investigations into effects of vibrations on serviceability of splashing systems (in Russian) /
V. S. Budnik, V. I. Kuznetsov, B. V. Sverdlichenko, N. F. Sviridenko // Hydrodynamics of Technical Systems.
- Kiev : Naukova Dumka, 1985. - P. 102 - 108.
22. Patent for Invention 104841 Ukraine, Int. Cl. F 02 K 9/42. Technique and Device for Providing Stable
Operation of Launch Vehicle Engine with Liquid Gas-Saturated Propellant Components (in Ukrainian) /
V. V. Horbuntsov, O. M. Zavoloka, M. F. Svyrydenko ; applicant and patentee the Institute of Technical
Mechanics of the National Academy of Sciences and the State Space Agency of Ukraine. - U201209694 : filed 10.08.2012 ; published 11.03.2014, Bulletin No 6.
23. Gorbuntsov V. V. Methodic approach to formation of active control of hydraulic situation into fuel tanks of
launch vehicle based on status monitoring (in Russian) / V. V. Gorbuntsov, A. N. Zavoloka, N. F. Sviridenko
// Tekhnicheskaya Mekhanika. - 2015. - No 1. - P. 30 - 41.
24. Gorbuntsov V. V. Special features of formation of an algorithm for active control of content of free gas
inclusions at inlet of fuel lines of cruise engine based on status monitoring hydraulic situation into tanks of
launch vehicle (in Russian) / V. V. Gorbuntsov, A. N. Zavoloka, N. F. Sviridenko // Tekhnicheskaya Mekhanika.
- 2015. - No 4. - P. 103 - 116.
25. Matsnev A. I. Sewage Treatment Using Flotation (in Russian) / A. I. Matsnev. - Kiev : Budivelnik, 1976. -
26. Dynamic Designing Rockets: Problems of Dynamics of Rockets and its Space Stages (in Russian) / I. M. Igdalov,
L. D. Kuchma, N. V. Polyakov, Yu. D. Sheptun. - Dniepropetrovsk : Publishing House of Dneipropetrovsk
National University, 2010. - 264 p.
Copyright (©) 2016 V. V. Gorbuntsov, A. N. Zavoloka, N. F. Sviridenko
Copyright © 2014-2018 Technical mechanics